Lately, it seems to be quite a struggle to hold onto hope for real world peace, to feel safe and secure in life, and to trust in the best intentions of humanity. News headlines lines literally wreak with purifying stories of hatred and malice, murder and deceit, heartache and suffering. I suppose the most baffling aspect of it all is why would things be worse, when there are churches and religions massively covering the earth claiming to teach unity and love? In fact, I don’t think there is hardly a religious person out there that would not agree that LOVE is the key that unlocks happiness, peace, joy, liberation, forgiveness…
Then why, why is the world in such a mess?
Why is religion not impacting the world as it could be?
The reason religion is failing to unify is because of a little conjunction that most religion adds to the simple message to love.
That conjunction is “and”.
What comes after that conjunction is as vast and as varied as personalities are.
Love and go to church
Love and give money
Love and dress the way we dictate
Love and submit to authority
Love and be baptized
Love and call yourself a_____________
Love and join our affiliation
Love and see things the way we see them
Love and agree with everything the pastor preaches
Love and don’t listen to rock music
Love and wear a covering on your head
Love and don’t ask questions
Love and be compliant
Love and serve our church
Love and stay away from______________
On and on and on it goes. Where it stops nobody knows.
Its not what follows the “and” that is the problem. It’s the “and” being there in the first place.
The “and” is what breaks the fellowship. The “and” is what divides. The “and” is what turns love into hypocrisy. The “and” is what removes the unconditional. Its the “and” that provides the excuse to commit atrocities. Its the “and” that inflates the ego. It’s that little conjuntion “and” that is added to the simple message of LOVE that dilutes it and robs it of its potency.
That is the key to world peace. That is the key to happiness. That is the key to Spirit.
God is love. Love is God.
The message of the sages is simple:
Written by Elizabeth A. Van Cleve
Read Full Post »
Back-slider phobia is an intense and debilitating fear of coming into face to face contact with someone who slid back out the prison doors of a religious system.
Symptoms include but are not limited to:
- Avoiding areas where the back-slider may show up; If you do come into close contact with a backslider, you may experience unlcear thinking, anxiety, sweating, churning of the stomach, difficulty breathing, and an intense urge to run. Being alone intensifies your symptoms
- Persistant images of the back-slider and an obsession of what you would say and how you would act in the case of an unfortunate encounter
- Secretly scanning their social media sites for evidence of the corruption their new found freedom has caused them
- Unrealistic fears of being poisoned or destroyed by the back slider
- Avoiding any sincere and honest conversation with them unless you feel sure it is only to get them back into the prison
- An addiction to conversations with others about the imagined pitiful condtion of the back slider
- Superstitious beliefs that any misfortune befalling the backslider is God’s punishment for their escape
- Secret and hidden desires to be a brave and genuine, free-flying backslider
- Feeling powerlessness believing that the backslider will overcome you and lead to you to your destruction
- Fear that intimate conversation with a backslider will stir up all those unanswered questions that you put on a back-burner years ago and left there
- Resentment and even hatred towards the backslider due to personal abandonment issues
Things you can do to overcome the Back-slider Phobia
- Exposure: As with any phobia, you need short periods of exposure. Start by just looking at a picture of them. Notice what comes up. Is it sadness, fear, hatred, anger? Acknowledge those feelings and realize that they are about you and not the back-slider. Gradually work up to exposure, perhaps in a gathering with your safe people. Consistent exposure is pertinent. Try and be in their presence for a few minutes, extending it to longer and longer periods of time, until that uncomfortable, stress-filled feeling over their presence begins to dissipate and you can once again see them as just a human being like you.
- Own your fears: Realize that your fears over the backslider are rooted in your own insecurities about the prison house you are stuck in and not about where the person you once loved and “fellowshiped” with is or what they are doing today.
- Give Yourself a Reality Check: Start acknowledging the misfortunes in your own life as part of life and not God’s punishments or tests of your faithfulness.
- Think Positively: Develop a healthier view of a loving God rather than focusing on a wrathful God. Try and see the good in the backslider instead of looking for evidence of bad.
- Get in Touch with Yourself: Explore your own insecurities of abandonment- consider seeing a therapist and definitely do some inner child work.
- Create Healthy Boundaries: Realize that the backslider is exactly where they need to be in their own personal journey and it is not your job to judge them or pray them back to the prison house. They made a choice and so did you.
- Redirect Your Hatred and Resentment: Make a list of all the things you would change about that person to make them acceptable to you. Next, close your eyes and see those things you would change about them in your own self. Remember how we react to others simply mirrors something that we see in ourselves.
- Exercise Emotional Intelligence: Try and see things from the backsliders point of view. Understand that they hurt, cry, feel angry and agitated sometimes, they love, feel passion and want to be happy and feel good just like YOU!
- Take Responsibility for Your Part: Make a list of the reasons you believe the backslider left the prison house. Did you encourage any of those reasons? Did you play a part in pushing them further away?
- Challenge the Reality of Your Fear: Realize that you have these fears for a reason. Where did they come from? Are they legitimate fears? How so? You have been made to believe that backsliders are bad people and that they are dangerous and need to be avoided. Challenge this mentality as it really has nothing to do with the love of God as it does with the agendas of the religious affiliation.
Remember that fear is the lowest vibrational emotion that exists.
Irrational fears keep you from the love of God, but perfect love casts out fear.
God does not want us to fear but to love.
God does not want us to judge but to accept.
God does not want us to control but to set people free!
Read Full Post »
Posted in Book Release, Books, Fight Against Cults, Truth, Visions, Walking With God, tagged Assurance, Soul Burden, true christian, Walking with Jesus on April 6, 2016|
Leave a Comment »
An Inward Journey of Discovery and Restoration
In this video I share with you the inspiration behind the writing of “The Voice of God Within.”
If you have struggled with your belief system or have been or are a part of a controlling religion, and you need a little courage, this may just be the book for you.
Click here if you would like to purchase a copy of “The Voice of God Within”
Click here if you would like to read “The Voice of God Within” on Amazon Kindle
Read Full Post »